Questions and Answers
Q What types of papers will be accepted?
ResearchOnline@JCU will archive output from the University's research and scholarly activity. Items deposited should meet acceptable standards of intellectual quality, and could include:
- journal article
- conference papers, conference proceedings, conference posters
- books, book chapters
- working papers
- departmental technical reports
- research reports, significant project reports
- some multimedia items can also be accepted.
If you would like to deposit something that falls outside of this range, please contact the ResearchOnline@JCU Administrator to discuss its suitability eprints. Carolyn.Tredrea@jcu.edu.au
Yes. The following materials are unsuitable for ResearchOnline@JCU:
- material intended for commercialisation of any kind
- papers which contain confidential material
- papers which, if disseminated, would infringe a legal commitment by the University and/or the author
- administrative materials such as meeting minutes, committee papers, University annual reports etc.
- teaching materials such as lecture notes, reading lists and multimedia resources.
The following formats are all acceptable: MS Word, PDF, HTML, Postscript and ASCII text, PowerPoint, Video files and image files.
Note: MS Word files are converted to PDF by the administrators before they are moved to the public site.
It may be possible to scan a printed copy. It may be necessary to contact the publisher for permission before this is done. Contact the ResearchOnline@JCU coordinator Carolyn.Tredrea@jcu.edu.au to discuss.