Time dependent settlements in hydraulic fills
Singh, Shailesh, and Sivakugan, Nagaratnam (2008) Time dependent settlements in hydraulic fills. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 2 (4). pp. 293-302.
|PDF (Published Version) - Repository staff only - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
View at Publisher Website: http://dx.doi.org/10.3328/IJGE.2008.02.0...
The paper reports some experimental studies carried out on hydraulic fills, in an attempt to understand their settlement pattern which is quite different to what has been reported for clays and sands. The immediate settlement in hydraulic fills is about 60% of the total settlement, and the remaining 40% of the time-dependent settlement includes primary and secondary compression components which are difficult to separate. The inter-relationship among permeability, effective stress and settlement is also investigated. It appears that the coefficient of secondary compression Cα increases with the applied loading but is independent of time. Settlement (s) is a bilinear function of logarithm of time, taking the form of s = s0 + a log t, where s0 is approximately the immediate settlement.
|Item Type:||Article (Refereed Research - C1)|
|Keywords:||hydraulic fills; immediate settlement; secondary compression; creep; mine fill; consolidation|
|FoR Codes:||09 ENGINEERING > 0905 Civil Engineering > 090501 Civil Geotechnical Engineering @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||84 MINERAL RESOURCES (excl. Energy Resources) > 8402 Primary Mining and Extraction Processes of Mineral Resources > 840205 Mining and Extraction of Precious (Noble) Metal Ores @ 50%|
84 MINERAL RESOURCES (excl. Energy Resources) > 8499 Other Mineral Resources (excl. Energy Resources) > 849999 Mineral Resources (excl. Energy Resources) not elsewhere classified @ 50%
|Deposited On:||01 Apr 2010 09:43|
|Last Modified:||19 Dec 2011 09:32|
Last 12 Months: 0
Repository Staff Only: item control page