Estuarine and Coastal Ecosystem Modeling
Wolanski, Eric, McLusky, Donald, Baird, D., and Mehta, A. (2011) Estuarine and Coastal Ecosystem Modeling. Treatise on Estuarine and Coastal Science, 9 . Academic Press, London, UK.
|Image (JPEG) (Book Cover)|
|PDF (Front Pages) - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
View at Publisher Website: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ref...
[Extract] In Volume 9 of this treatise, the main focus is on the theory of ecosystem modeling, the application of these theoretical formulations to living ecosystems, and the use and application of modeling protocols in modern ecosystem research and management. Most of the chapters in this volume contribute to assessments of the functioning of coastal ecosystems by means of examples of systems and process models. The objectives of this chapter can be summarized as follows:
• to provide an in-depth overview of the philosophy, mathematical foundation, and ecosystem modeling protocols in modern ecological research;
• to illustrate the application of these mathematical and modeling frameworks to coastal ecosystems by means of a large number of examples from different regions of the world;
• to explore novel approaches to the modeling of coastal ecosystems;
• to examine the linkages between physical, chemical, and biological processes in estuarine and coastal ecosystems; and
• to assess the management applications of modeling to estuarine and coastal ecosystems.
|Item Type:||Book (Edited)|
|FoR Codes:||05 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES > 0502 Environmental Science and Management > 050204 Environmental Impact Assessment @ 50%|
05 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES > 0502 Environmental Science and Management > 050205 Environmental Management @ 50%
|SEO Codes:||96 ENVIRONMENT > 9605 Ecosystem Assessment and Management > 960509 Ecosystem Assessment and Management of Mountain and High Country Environments @ 50%|
96 ENVIRONMENT > 9605 Ecosystem Assessment and Management > 960502 Ecosystem Assessment and Management of Antarctic and Sub-Antarctic Environments @ 50%
|Deposited On:||18 Apr 2012 09:16|
|Last Modified:||18 Apr 2012 09:16|
Last 12 Months: 39
Repository Staff Only: item control page