Day, Michael, Barber, Penney, Braund, Kyle, and Squires, Richard (2008) Feline Amyloidosis. In: Vetstream FELIS. Vetstream, UK, pp. 1-3.
|PDF (Published Version) - Repository staff only - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
View at Publisher Website: http://www.vetstream.com/Felis/Content/D...
• Rare conditions with abnormal proteinaceous deposits within tissues.
• Cause: familial disease in Abyssinians or Siamese or secondary to chronic inflammation.
• Signs: related to organ affected. May be localized or systemic.
• Diagnosis: histopathology, special staining and immunohistochemistry.
• Treatment: few options.
• Prognosis: guarded, usually progressive.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter (Reference)|
This is a Vetstream FELIS peer reviewed journal article that was first published online in November 2008. It is updated quarterly.
|FoR Codes:||07 AGRICULTURAL AND VETERINARY SCIENCES > 0707 Veterinary Sciences > 070706 Veterinary Medicine @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860902 Veterinary Diagnostics @ 50%|
86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860903 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Treatments (e.g. Antibiotics) @ 50%
|Deposited On:||27 Sep 2011 10:42|
|Last Modified:||27 Sep 2011 10:42|
Last 12 Months: 0
Repository Staff Only: item control page