Braund, Kyle, Day, Michael, and Squires, Richard (2008) Amyloidosis. In: Vetstream CANIS. Vetstream, UK, pp. 1-3.
|PDF (Published Version) - Repository staff only - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
View at Publisher Website: http://www.vetstream.com/canis/Content/D...
• Pathogenesis: abnormal proteinaceous deposits accumulate within tissues.
• Signs: depend on which tissues are disrupted by amyloid accumulation.
• May be systemic or localized: kidneys often affected, also liver and spleen.
• Treatment: few options: colchicine and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) have been tried.
• Prognosis: usually progressive until death.
• Familial and sporadic forms also occur.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter (Reference)|
This is a Vetstream CANIS peer reviewed journal article that was first published online in November 2008. It is updated quarterly.
|FoR Codes:||07 AGRICULTURAL AND VETERINARY SCIENCES > 0707 Veterinary Sciences > 070706 Veterinary Medicine @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860902 Veterinary Diagnostics @ 50%|
86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860903 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Treatments (e.g. Antibiotics) @ 50%
|Deposited On:||27 Sep 2011 09:37|
|Last Modified:||27 Sep 2011 12:08|
Last 12 Months: 0
Repository Staff Only: item control page