Microphotochemistry - photochemistry in microstructured reactors
Oelgemöller, Michael, Gallagher, Sonia, Tan, Su Bee, Chen, Fei, and Macka, Mirek (2009) Microphotochemistry - photochemistry in microstructured reactors. Conference proceedings of 2009 AlChE Spring National Meeting & 5th Global Congress on Process Safety. 2009 AlChE Spring National Meeting & 5th Global Congress on Process Safety , 26-30 April 2009, Tampa, FL, USA , pp. 1-3.
|PDF (Published Version) - Repository staff only - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
View at Publisher Website: http://apps.aiche.org/proceedings/Abstra...
There has been increased interest shown in the area of microphotochemistry as it can be utilised for a wide range of synthetic applications.[1,2] Generally speaking, micro-photoreactors have a number of advantages over conventional batch photoreactors, which also makes them more beneficial for 'green chemistry':
• the thin layers within the micro-channel plates are optimal reaction cavities and allow extensive penetration of the solution by light (® Beer-Lambert's law),
• the photon-efficiencies and consequently space-time yields are improved due to the thinness of the solution,
• the short residence time within the reactors avoid undesired side reactions or decompositions,
• the small scales significantly reduce the amounts of waste and materials and
• energy- and cost-efficient LEDs can be implemented as light sources.
|Item Type:||Conference Item (Abstract / Summary)|
|FoR Codes:||03 CHEMICAL SCIENCES > 0305 Organic Chemistry > 030503 Organic Chemical Synthesis @ 50%|
03 CHEMICAL SCIENCES > 0305 Organic Chemistry > 030505 Physical Organic Chemistry @ 30%
03 CHEMICAL SCIENCES > 0305 Organic Chemistry > 030504 Organic Green Chemistry @ 20%
|SEO Codes:||97 EXPANDING KNOWLEDGE > 970103 Expanding Knowledge in the Chemical Sciences @ 100%|
|Deposited On:||29 Aug 2011 11:46|
|Last Modified:||01 Sep 2011 17:25|
Last 12 Months: 0
Repository Staff Only: item control page