James Cook art collection
O'Sullivan, Jill (2009) James Cook art collection. In: Twelve Degrees of Latitude Regional Gallery and University Art Collections in Queensland. Museum And Gallery Services Queensland Limited , Brisbane, Australia, 50-51.
|PDF - Repository staff only - Requires a PDF viewer such as GSview, Xpdf or Adobe Acrobat Reader|
James Cook University (JCU) was gazetted as a University College in 1960 and during that decade, Professor Ron Kenny, biological scientist and keen artist, instigated the Art Collection. He convinced University College Warden (and future inaugural JCU Vice-Chancellor), Professor Ken Back, to commit to an investment policy of collecting works of established and emerging Australian artists. Associate Professor Anneke Silver recalls that collecting a strong representation of Australian works for the University College was perceived as a valuable contribution to the developing argument for a fully-fledged University in North Queensland. In 1970 the College was proclaimed as James Cook University of North Queensland (shortened to James Cook University in 1997).
|Item Type:||Book Chapter (["eprint_fieldopt_book_section_type_gov_pub" not defined])|
This publication does not have an abstract. The first paragraph of the publication is displayed as the abstract.
|FoR Codes:||19 STUDIES IN CREATIVE ARTS AND WRITING > 1901 Art Theory and Criticism > 190104 Visual Cultures @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||95 CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING > 9501 Arts and Leisure > 950104 The Creative Arts (incl. Graphics and Craft) @ 100%|
|Deposited On:||01 Jun 2010 09:55|
|Last Modified:||02 Nov 2012 09:51|
Last 12 Months: 0
Repository Staff Only: item control page